Book Club Discussion Questions
(I’d like to thank BookBundlz.com and LitLovers.com for the following questions.)
- What is the significance of the title? Would you have given the book a different title? If yes, what is your title?
- What scene was the most pivotal for the book? How do you think the story would have changed had that scene not taken place?
- What scene resonated most with you personally in either a positive or negative way? Why?
- What surprised you the most about the book?
- Did any of the characters remind you of yourself or someone you know? How?
- What is motivating the actions of the characters in the story? What do the sub-characters want from the main character and what does the main character want with them?
- If you could smack any of the characters upside the head, who would it be and why?
- Were there any moments where you disagreed with the choices of any of the characters? What would you do differently if you were in their shoes?
- How have the characters changed by the end of the book?
- What do you think will happen next to the characters?
- Good crime writers embed hidden clues, slipping them in casually, almost in passing. Did you pick them out, or were you…clueless? How skillful was the author in burying them?
- Did the author leave any red-herrings? Did they trip you up?
- Talk about the plot twists & turns — did you feel they enhanced the story? Did they build suspense or add complexity?
- Did the author ratchet up the suspense and have you unable to put the book down? When did the suspense begin to build? Where did it climax?
- Was the conclusion probable or believable? Was it too predictable? Can you envision a different ending?