Dog Lover. I like to think I am.
Today I’m not so sure. My grandpuppy (a full-grown 100 lb. Lab) arrived yesterday for a long visit, and by long, I mean a two-month visit. My house was almost a dog hair-free zone prior to the visit. Once in a great while, I will find a little memento of his last visit. Please don’t judge my housekeeping skills, LOL! Remember, I’m a writer.
To give you a little background info, this beautiful pooch had lived with us for the first two years of his life. During those two years, my life revolved around my Labbie and my writing. My husband needed to understand, I had my priorities. The poor guy…
But the last two years have been pretty much pet-free except for periodic visits by my son and his dog. I’d gotten used to being on my own each day. My focus was on my agenda, so my To-Do List for today included advertising for my books and the continued promotion of my latest published book, Never Show Your Hand. Also, NaNoWriMo is happening and I need to write!
What my schedule has been thus far?????
- Wake up at 7 am
- Quickly dress, wash my face and brush my teeth
- Walk dog on slippery sidewalks and in circles around every interesting scent trail he can find
- Breakfast as the dog sits by my side hoping I drop something
- A five-minute phone call to my mom as the dog barks and whines nearby
- Snack time for “Fido”
- A few quick Facebook posts and Instagram posts (Yay!)
- Letting the dog out as I try to sweep the kitchen floor and clean up after breakfast
- Proceed to untangle the dog’s lead from a tree in the yard
- Return inside to finish sweeping the kitchen floor
- Have to return outside to untangle the dog’s lead from a different tree in the yard
Needless to say, we are still getting used to being around each other. It will settle down in a few days as he adjusts to his new environment. As I gaze at my furbaby sleeping peacefully in an armchair across from me, my smile is so big it almost makes my face hurt.
Time to get my writing done! TTYL, everyone!